- learns 2,300 Russian words
The student will be able to
- communicate with native speakers in the following situations: in offices and departments; in shops, kiosks, at the cash desk; at the post office; at a bank, at a currency exchange office; in a restaurant, buffet, cafe, cafeteria; in the library; in the classroom; in the streets of the city, in transport; in the theater, museum, on excursions; at the clinic, at the doctor's, in the pharmacy; by phone, fax; in hotels; at the station, at the airport;
- get to know someone in accordance with the norms of Russian speech etiquette;
- introduce him/herself or another person, say hello, say goodbye, contact someone, thank, apologize, respond to thanks and apologies, congratulate; initiate and maintain communication, change the topic (direction) of the conversation; to attract attention, ask to repeat, remind, end the conversation;
- request and report information: ask a question or report on a fact or event, person, object, on the presence or absence of a person or object, on the quantity, quality, belonging of objects; about the action, time, place, reason and purpose of the action or event; about the possibility, necessity, probability, impossibility of the action;
- express intention, desire, request (demand), wish, advice, offer, invitation, consent or disagreement, refusal, permission or prohibition, promise, uncertainty, doubt;
- express attitude: to assess the person, subject, fact, event, act; express preference, condemnation, surprise, sympathy, regret;
- communicate verbally and in writing on the following topics:
1. Biography: childhood, study and work, interests. The family.
2. The choice of place of study or work, profession, etc.
3. Education system: schools, colleges, institutes and universities in Russia and in the native country.
4. The role of foreign languages in human life. Learning Russian.
5. Lifestyle (working hours, leisure, traditions, communication with colleagues and friends).
6. Free time. Leisure, interests, hobbies (art, sports, travel, etc.).
7. The city. The capital. Hometown. The city as a center of culture and tourism. Problems of the modern city. Life in the city and in the country.
8. Country. Russia. Its regions. Home country: geography, economics, culture, history, etc.
9. Famous figures of science and culture of Russia and native country.
10. Nature. Nature and man. Ecology.
- read texts (900-1,000 words), understand the topic of the text, its main idea; understand the basic and additional information contained in the text, conclusions and assessments of the author;
- write in Russian on the proposed topic (at least 20 sentences);
- speak on a proposed topic (at least 20 phrases).